If you are passionate about helping students achieve their educational goals and access high-wage jobs and great career pathways, the Renton Technical College Foundation is a place for you! The Scholarship Manager – Alumni, Partnership Development maintains the Foundation scholarship and education grant programs and provides support to the Foundation’s fundraising and development work at all levels. This position coordinates the awarding of direct student support annually, managing scholarship outreach/communication, application, awarding, compliance and reporting processes. In addition, this position serves as Alumni, Partnership Development Manager to develop and implement activities and communication strategies to engage current and future alumni, and expand business and industry partnerships, providing visibility for RTC as a premier institution for career readiness and educational advancement.
You can access the online application portal here:
This position is highly collaborative and works closely with the departments of Financial Aid, Marketing & Communications, Student Services and faculty members across College programs. This position assists with Foundation events and incorporates effective development practices into the day-to-day functions of the position. Applications received by Friday, March 25th will receive priority consideration. This position will remain open until it is filled.
Renton Technical College, located southeast of Seattle, has provided quality education in a variety of occupations for over 75 years. Our professional-technical certificate and degree programs offer entry and mid-level training in the areas of allied health, trades and industry, culinary, business, technology and automotive. Our outstanding college & career pathways program with classes in adult basic education, English as a second language, and GED preparation is available to those who need additional preparation prior to entering a training program and for those who simply wish to improve their math and English skills. Career Education and apprenticeships degree’s round out our offerings. As an Achieving the Dream and an Aspen Institute top 10 finalist in Community College Excellence, RTC is also proud to be a Military Friendly School, serving those who chose to serve.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions Include:
Scholarship and Education Grant Programs
- Create an ongoing outreach and communications effort to promote the availability of financial support across the campus community and local school districts.
- Manage online application system and support students during application process.
- Process award letters, coordinate disbursement of funds with Financial Aid and Business Office, and coordinate record-keeping with the Foundation Associate.
- Track fund balances, recommend award amounts, and track and analyze data on recipients.
- Oversee scholarship application review process, including managing volunteer reviewers as liaison to the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee.
- Manage tuition grant applications (Bridge to Healthcare/IT) and fulfillment of requests.
- Align scholarship selection and grant process with donor intent and Foundation relationship-building strategies.
- Meet personally with scholarship recipients and donors, when appropriate.
- Create detailed stewardship reports and materials for donors, Foundation Board members, and for general fundraising use.
Alumni and Partnership Development Support
- Develop and implement communications strategies to expand alumni engagement through marketing channels including email, social media, website, newsletters, and hard mail, when appropriate.
- Plan and execute an annual slate of alumni events, including but not limited to social and professional networking events; mentorship and student outreach events; community outreach; and promotional events.
- Manage the use of Alumni Finder prospect research software and effectively leverage data collection and information.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to cultivate non-giving alumni into donor prospects; and cultivate engaged alumni into donors.
- Develop strategies for engaging and educating current students (future alumni) and alumni about the benefits of engagement with the Foundation and personal philanthropy.
- Represent the alumni engagement program to the greater community.
- Build relationships with campus faculty and staff to identify distinguished alumni and track their engagement. Develop and implement a program targeting distinguished alumni.
General Fundraising Support
- Serve as an ambassador for the RTC Foundation, both internally and externally.
- Provide support for multiple fundraising appeals, mailings, and other activities; support strategies to incorporate monthly giving, internal/employee giving, alumni groups, e-campaigns, giving societies, and opportunities for donor recognition. Independently create compelling and informative short- and long-format content for the Foundation including web content, social media, and written content for targeted print/online media campaigns.
- Assist in planning and attend Foundation special events.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership or participation in institutional programs with persons from diverse backgrounds such as sexual orientation, racial, ethnic, religious, linguistic, gender, age, socio-economic, physical and learning abilities, and a commitment to an inclusive and equitable working / learning environment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel and Word) and Microsoft Teams; experience with AwardSpring software, Bloomerang or Raiser’s Edge donor management software a plus
- Commitment to providing friendly, customer-focused service to students, colleagues, and donors
- Strong time management skills, ability to handle tight deadlines and multiple competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation and writing skills;
- Ability to communicate passionately and effectively about our mission, vision, and values, both verbally and in writing, and in a variety of venues and through various platforms.
- Ability to accommodate communication style to multiple cultural environments.