Who we are
The mission of the RTC Foundation is to support student success through career training and educational advancement at Renton Technical College. Founded in 1994, the RTC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity, classified under IRC sections 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1); is part of the Office of the President, and is governed by a separate volunteer Board of Directors.
What we do
We serve the College's central goal to improve lives through career advancement and lifelong learning by providing student scholarships and grants, and developing resources for RTC's award-winning and nationally recognized programs and faculty.
Here are some of the ways the Foundation supports students:
- Quarterly Scholarships from $500 to $4,000. For more information about the application schedule and deadlines, go to foundation.rtc.edu/foundation-scholarships
- First quarter $1,500 grant for high school seniors entering their first quarter at RTC. Application OPENS January 2021 Go to the online application here.
- Emergency grants up to $300 for life needs. Current students can access the online application here: Emergency Grant Application
- Book & Equipment Grant up to $500. For students who have completed at least one quarter and are currently enrolled. Access the online application here: Book & Equipment Grant Application
How we do it
- Relationship building and development of business and industry partnerships
- Raise awareness of the vital role RTC plays in our regional economy, and;
- Strategically expand the Foundation's fundraising capacity including capital investments
If you would like more information about how to invest in student success, please contact Carrie Shaw, Foundation Executive Director, at (425) 235-2415 or email her at cshaw@RTC.edu